Monday, May 21, 2007

"Thats what your supposed to do"

Thats what Dennis {PHOTO} said to me this weekend as I took a walk around the Neighborhood taking some pictures. I met up with Dennis near the old Engine 15/Creeley homestead at Amherst and East Streets more on the Firehouse at a later date. This Wen May 23rd 6:15 pm at the North West Buffalo Community Center you to can take a stand and join in on the conversation with the GNPA. This weeks meeting is with Tops store Manager Dave Zoldos about the many many Tops shopping carts that are left all over the BR/GA area on a daily basis . Dennis and his family life long Black Rock resident's once considered a move out of the city but stayed and instead of complaining about Quality of life issues he has quietly been doing something about it "Thats what your supposed to do". Like myself he says it's not about him it's about the community so he does his part as a resident not expecting his name in lights and not expecting Extra credit. So when you see Dennis or the many others like him that make our Community a unique and proud place to live don't ask what are you doing that for? how much you getting paid for that? Stop grab a brush or a broom and lend a FREE hand "Thats what your supposed to do". B.R.A

3 comments:

whitney said...

Just found your blog, love it!

Anonymous said...

Very, very happy to find this blog - via Whitney, above - and all the pictures of my old neighborhood, my real home. My time in Black Rock was a defining, important period for me growing up. The friends I made there I still have to this day. It's where I learned damn near everything I know.

I had the pleasure of living next to Dennis for 14 years in the firehouse. He was a terrific neighbor, a great father - and, in retrospect, he taught me a lot about being an actively engaged citizen and community member.

I know my dad would be thrilled to see his quote heading up the site. He meant it, and so do I. Thanks again.

Will Creeley

Anonymous said...

Great work w/ the blog. ! Black Rock has been a great home for me and my family . Although one issue will always annoye me. It is the Tops shopping carts constantly roaming our streets. A major safety issue and eye sore.
Will it was a pleasure to be your neighbor also.
Thanx
Den Gallivan