Monday, August 6, 2007

This Week in Black Rock/Riverside History.

  • This week in local history- 1978 St. Florian Church organist, Mrs Hedwig
  • sczepanski celebrates 50 years of service to the Church Community.
  • In 1937 National rowing Championships where held in the Black Rock Canal.
  • In 1823 Ground was broken for the Erie Canal in Black Rock and completed in 1825.
  • In 1910 Two of Buffalo's bravest Fire Fighters lost there lives in the Globe Elevator fire at Dearborn & Amherst Streets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the picture of the flowers and a big thank you to all those who care for them throughout our neighborhood especially those who participated in the BRR Garden Walk. I bicycled the Starry Night Garden Walk with a neighbor on Saturday evening and it was great. I was amazed at illuminated gardens throughout Black Rock. Don't miss it next year!
Marsha Huard

Anonymous said...

Marsha

Are you related to Jerry and Keith from Hertel Ave?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yes, Gerald and Keith are my brothers. We grew up at Hertel and Dearborn. I don't why anonymous B.R.A. would answer NO for me. This blog thing with all the anonymous people is disturbing. Why not let people know who you are? I don't get it.
Marsha Huard